I. Listening Comprehension
Directions: In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. Interesting. B. Reasonable.
C. Brilliant D. Ridiculous.
2. A. At a publishing house. B. In a printing shop.
C. At a bookstore. D. In a library.
3. A. An actor. B. A translator.
C. A director. D. A writer.
4. A. Receptionist and guest. B. Boss and secretary.
C. Manager and customer. D. Interviewer and job hunter.
5. A. The models. B. The new fashion.
C. The show. D. The secret girls.
6. A. Moved. B. Young.
C. Satisfied. D. Old.
7. A. An amazing article. B. A boring book.
C. A local election. D. A fascinating topic.
8. A. The woman is thinking of changing her idea.
B. The woman gives the man so many choices.
C. The man dislikes the food offered there.
D. The man has trouble deciding what to eat.
9. A. No one has Jackie's signature.
B. Others desire Jackie's signature more than Jim.
C. Jim wants Jackie's signature most.
D. The woman shows no interest in Jackie's signature.
10. A. Mr. Johnson has no idea where to get the result.
B. Mr. Green is the person to announce the result.
C. Mr. Johnson won't know the result until Monday.
D. Mr. Green hasn't got the result up till now.
Directions: In Section B, you will hear one longer conversation and two short passages. After each conversation or passage, you will be asked several questions. The conversation and the passages will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A.He told a lie days ago. B.He was robbed in the Rio games.
C.He broke the record. D.He was attracted by new sponsors.
12. A. They met the fake policeman. B.They quarreled with security guards.
C.They got into fights with each other. D.They lost their personal property.
13. A.Better late than never. B. Honesty is the best policy.
C.Doing is better than never. D. Seeing is believing.
Questions 14 through 16 are based on the following passage.
14. A. Asking for candies. B. Dressing up in costumes.
C.Hanging round racing alcohol. D. Having fun taking pictures.
15. A.Halloween is a festival time just for kids.
B.All the streets were closed off by the police in Tokyo.
C.The business targeting adults consume expands in U.S.
D.Adults fail to follow the tradition of costume wearing.
16. A. The great success of Halloween industry.
B. The changes in the celebration of Halloween.
C. The traditional presentation of Halloween.
D. The popularity of Halloween festival in Japan.
Questions 17 through 20 are based on the following passage.
17. A.To return the money. B.To get a sweatshirt
C. To get a microscope. D. To return a sweater.
18. A.The quality was so poor. B.The label was in Chinese.
C. The color was dark blue. D.The price was too high.
19. A.Because of the refund policy.
B.Because items on final sale couldn't be exchanged
C.Because of the damage of the item.
D.Because the customer didn't have a credit card.
20. A. Appealing. B.Helpful.
C. Informative. D.Tricky.